Word/Printer Glitch!

TonyV 21:52 30 Jun 04

I wonder if anyone can help. In a Word 2000 Document of 3 pages, I have inserted a footer using the Header/Footer toolbar, and clicked on Insert Auto Text then "Page x of y" clearly expecting to see "Page 1 of 3" on the first page, "Page 2 of 3" on the second page and "Page 3 of 3" on the third page.
On the print preview that is exactly what is shown, but when the document is printed I get Page 1 of 1, Page 2 of 2 and Page 3 of 3.
What do I have to do to correct this silly problem? I use Word 2000, Win 98SE and an HP930C printer, whose driver is up-to-date.
Thanks.

johnsims 22:00 30 Jun 04

I seem to remember reading of this in one of the PC mags some time ago. I'm pretty sure there was a reference to a patch (office 2000 sp1a perhaps?) but a MS knowledge base article was mentioned. Try searchin the MS kb

TonyV 15:59 01 Jul 04

Thanks for your response. I have been on the Microsoft site and downloaded the SR-1 pack, installed it and it seems to have done the trick. Ths strange thing is that it used to work fine before this problem raised it's head. So am not sure why!!
Many thanks anyway!
TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…