Wordpress permissions question

mco 19:04 29 Dec 07

Anyone any suggestions to this please? I set up Wordpress myself on a domainname I own and have full ftp rights to - it works fine, but I can't edit the templates or upload images within Wordpress itself - it says the files are not writable and says it can't access the upload directory and suggests the permissions aren't right - I can edit themes and upload images via ftp so it's not a problem running the site, just something I have obviously missedto enable me(or others) to work within Wordpress ... I don't know much about CHMOD but I've looked at everything I can think of and it all says permissions 755 - which I believe is correct.. anything else I have missed?

mco 19:54 29 Dec 07

Apparently theme files should have permissions of 666 - changed my wp styles css theme file to that and I can now edit within Wordpress..but could anyone help with the uploading issue please?

mco 19:59 29 Dec 07

Well - I have now(through a quick google) changed my uploads file permissions to 777 (still don't know what these numbers mean!) and can now upload images no probs - so I solved my own problem - thanks mco!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…