wordperfect (DOS) to run in Windows ME

old-timer 12:03 08 Sep 03

My wife uses Woredperfect 6.0 DOS on my Windows ME system.

I recently lost my hard disk and after recreating a new disk, am unable to run Wordperfect. I now get the message

LC> Write protected directory or already in use.
Enter new directory, Nothing entered = Cancel.

I resolved this problem once, but cannot remember how???

Any help would be appreciated.

Pesala 13:19 08 Sep 03

WP 6.1 is near enough the same that your wife should be able to manage just fine. It should be more stable and quicker. I used it on a 486 DX with 16 Mbytes, for years. Sorry I can't help with the problem. I don't think I ever used version 6.0 in Windows. With Windows 3.1 one would boot into WP 6.0 from DOS directly before loading Windows.

tbh72 13:28 08 Sep 03

Wordperfect 6.1

Quattro Pro 6.0

Paradox 5.0

Corel Presentations 3.0

Corel Flow 2.0

Sidekick / Dashboard / Groupwise / Info Central / Envoy / Screen Savers, Font's & Clipart.

Old Timer you can have for the cost of P&P. Email for address to send SAE.

Pesala 13:34 08 Sep 03

A great bundle.

tbh72 13:57 08 Sep 03

click here

The above link provides troubleshooting tips for all versions of windows. You may well be able to find the solution here.

Scanning over the text indicates that the primary issue whilst running WPDos under windows is insufficient Dos Memory.

I will see if I can find further link's specific to your problem.

tbh72 14:00 08 Sep 03

click here

Ignore the above post & follow the step's in this link. This will get your version of WP running.

PS Print of for future reference or add to your favourites?!?!? ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…