wordpad question

mikeyboy32 14:48 03 Jul 04

Whenever i get emails with attachments to read my pc goes into wordpad but the documents are unreadable.i.e. just lots of blocks on screen etc.
How can i make these documents able to read?
i'm using windows 95.

rawprawn 15:06 03 Jul 04

Word 2000 is a different format to previous word programs, and depending on which version you have and which format the attachment arrives in, if they are different versions they are not compatible. I used to have this problem with a friend who had an old version of word and I couldn't read his. It also applies if someone sends an attachment using Lotus.I think I am right but wait for other comments.

Pesala 15:09 03 Jul 04

If you are using Windows 95, I assume that you don't have the most recent version of Word. Open Office will open Word Documents, but it is a big download.

Pesala 15:14 03 Jul 04

click here 54 Mbytes download. Totally free, and worth having, but still may be compatibility issues with later versions of Word.

VoG II 16:43 03 Jul 04

Free Word viewer click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…