Wordpad query

MickinPlymouthUK 19:16 06 Oct 06

I've been writing, saving and disseminating stunning articles in Win 98 Wordpad for the past couple of years but since recently switching to XPHome I've hit a hiccup..
I write an article as before,then when clicking to save it for posterity, I get the 4 options come up to "Save as" -
1-Rich Text Format
2-Text document
3-Text doc MS-DOS format
4-Unicode Text doc

Options 2/3/4 warn me that they'll "remove all formatting" whatever that means, so I save as Rich Text Format instead.
The article seems to save okay, but it goes into a separate RTF folder instead of into the usual Wordpad document folder with all my old stuff.

My question is therefore how can I save articles as Wordpad docs like before?

VoG II 19:26 06 Oct 06

From the Help file

Save changes to a document

On the File menu, click Save. To save the file with a new name, on the File menu, click Save As, type a different name in File name, and then click Save. Documents that use multiple languages should be saved as rich text files.

WordPad automatically saves documents as rich text files, but you can change the default file type at any time. On the File menu, click Save As. In Save as type, select the document format you want to set as the default. For example, to always save documents as text files, click Text Document. Select the Save in this format by default check box, and then click Save. This saves the current document in the selected file format and sets the default file format for future documents until you change it again.

bellababy 01:44 07 Oct 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…