Wordpad and powerpoint usage on certain items.

alibob1526 12:46 PM 02 Oct 12

When I try to read something like instructions email message links or some other things I get a message saying Word pad is not to this, or try using PowerPoint to access this program Word Pad cannot show all items in this. How would I get PowerPoint to open something instead of Word Pad as I do not even know what they are?

lotvic 13:56 PM 02 Oct 12

The file extension tells you what type and what program(s) are able to open them. For instance: FileNameHere.doc is a Word doccument, .pps is a PowerPointShow, .txt is plain Text and opens in Notepad or WordPad or any word program.

PowerPoint is part of Microsoft Office but you can download a free Viewer from Microsoft Site for most types of files if you do not have MS Office installed.

lotvic 14:00 PM 02 Oct 12

Or you could install a Free office suite like 'Libre Office' or 'Open Office' that will do all you want.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…