Wordpad and powerpoint usage on certain items.

alibob1526 12:46 PM 02 Oct 12

When I try to read something like instructions email message links or some other things I get a message saying Word pad is not to this, or try using PowerPoint to access this program Word Pad cannot show all items in this. How would I get PowerPoint to open something instead of Word Pad as I do not even know what they are?

lotvic 13:56 PM 02 Oct 12

The file extension tells you what type and what program(s) are able to open them. For instance: FileNameHere.doc is a Word doccument, .pps is a PowerPointShow, .txt is plain Text and opens in Notepad or WordPad or any word program.

PowerPoint is part of Microsoft Office but you can download a free Viewer from Microsoft Site for most types of files if you do not have MS Office installed.

lotvic 14:00 PM 02 Oct 12

Or you could install a Free office suite like 'Libre Office' or 'Open Office' that will do all you want.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…