Wordpad error

farmboy 17:45 03 Nov 04

I have some work in wordpad, but this time that i tried to open it, this error occurred:-

This program has performed an illegal operation and will now shutdown.

If the error persists contact the vender

When the details are clicked it says:-

Wordpad caused invalid page fault in module msc:42.dll at 015f:5f414431

and then some other codes

can any 1 help
thnx

i cannot access my work now

Pesala 19:28 03 Nov 04

That might cause the error. Try to open it in Word and save as an older version.

farmboy 20:31 03 Nov 04

He only has an old computer and does not have word. Its a win 98 32 mb ram. Do you think i could download a free word processor for him, install it and thenrun it and try to open the file that he had with wordpad. Also will it be in the same language. I tried to open up the wordpaad document into notepad and it just came up wth a load of bits and bobs, mixed into the document.
thnx

Pesala 08:47 19 Nov 04

Powerful MS Word compatible office suite, and completely free. click here

Pentium-compatible PC • Microsoft Windows 98, NT, ME, 2000 and XP1 • 64 MBytes RAM recommended • 250 MBytes hard disk space • mininum display 800x600, 256 colours

Might be a bit slow on 32 Mbytes RAM, but I reckon it will still run. OK for converting stuff to use in Wordpad.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…