//some 3rd party need geo

Wordpad defaults

david58 23:11 09 Jun 04

Hi folks, For my sins I am writing my website in wordpad - yes I know, I'm daft. However it does mean that I frequently go into Wordpad and each time I have to scroll down to 'All Documents' because it's default is 'Rich Text format'.

Does anyone know how I can change this to 'All Documents'?

Pesala 06:13 10 Jun 04

Note Tab Lite (1,796 K) click here Powerful Notepad replacement with spell-check, autocorrect, etc. (Direct D/L)

It remembers the file type you used last time, e.g. html. There are dedicated HTML editors out there, but Note Tab Lite is pretty similar to Wordpad, i.e. you should find it easy to adjust to.

For me, Wordpad defaults to *.doc so it must be possible to change the default, but not I think to all files. It will remember what you used last time for the current session only. Wordpad is just not the right tool for the job.

Valvegrid 06:41 10 Jun 04

I wonder why you're using Wordpad when there are free editors around like this one:

click here

You can still get an old version of Front Page Express:

click here

I must admit, I build my first web page using Wordpad, but soon got fed up with it and got an editor.

Good luck.

Valvegrid 06:45 10 Jun 04

Ooops, sorry my second link for download doesn't work, try this one:

click here

Sethhaniel 08:41 10 Jun 04

and HTML and the page goes where you want it AND not where some editor thinks it should go

Sethhaniel 09:04 10 Jun 04

Start- Run- Regedit- hkey_current_user- Software- Microsoft- Windows- Wordpad- Options- DefaultFormat- (0X00000005)highlight this key - rightclick select 'Modify' ValueData replace the 5 with a 6 click OK exit - start Wordpad and open and there your .txt in the window

Sethhaniel 09:21 10 Jun 04

for All Documents
its no 9 instead of 5

regards

david58 20:32 10 Jun 04

Thanks sethaniel, just the answer I was looking for. Am I brave enough to try it though?

regedit - scary stuff.

david58 20:32 10 Jun 04

Thanks sethaniel, just the answer I was looking for. Am I brave enough to try it though?

regedit - scary stuff.

david58 22:29 10 Jun 04

By the way, I started with notepad (98) but ran into memory problems with a large pages. Very frustrating but might not happen now with XP notepad of course.

Pesala 17:02 19 Dec 04

This freeware is excellent: click here

Never mind that it is not too pretty, it is pretty good for basic WP tasks: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…