wordpad

qwesaws 08:27 09 Mar 06

I have been using word pad from xp accessories
I need to edit the job but get a message that word viewer can`t edit a document so where is a wordpad that I can edit or apart from notepad which is too basic,is there another program I can get for free somewhere/

Batch 08:31 09 Mar 06

Are you certain that Wordpad is being used and not Word Viewer - these are two separate pieces of software?

qwesaws 08:43 09 Mar 06

Hi batch,
well I picked wordpad from the list of accessories and apart notepad there are no other similar progams unless yuo can point me to one,
thanks

Batch 08:49 09 Mar 06

I realise that this doesn't help, but with Word Viewer, you can view, print, and copy document contents to another program. However, you cannot edit an open document, save a document, or create a new document.

It almost sounds like Microsoft may have used a routine from Word Viewer in Wordpad and forgotten to change the messages.

Unless, for some strange quirky reason, your menu entry for Wordpad is pointing at a Word Viewer program. Right-click the menu entry and make sure that the shortcut target is to wordpad.exe (e.g. something like "C:\Program Files\Accessories\WORDPAD.EXE"). If it isn't, try searching your system for wordpad.exe and run that.

jack 08:51 09 Mar 06

Is it possible thatyou are saving/rerieving doc/s in a file form that WordPad does not recognise?
I cannot imagine why WordPad would not edit a doc generated in WordPad.

Batch 08:55 09 Mar 06

Alternatively, if it is just text that you need to edit, try another text editor from somewhere like tucows (click here) or download (click here)

€dstowe 09:05 09 Mar 06

Why not use a word processor/office suite package?

OpenOffice is excellent and FREEEEEEEEE.

click here

qwesaws 10:22 09 Mar 06

the shortcut is to wordpad exe but when I click on properties/find target i get an icon named mfc application and when I choose that I`m back where I started from,
anyway thanks to all for the help

Marsh Warden © ™ 12:09 09 Mar 06

Freeware alternative click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…