Word.Make two lists differntly sorted from 1 input

DeeJayGee 17:26 21 Jan 05

I have lots of music on different media that I want to enter Song Title, Artist,Album,Location and to have one list sorted under Title and the other under the Artist heading but only having to enter the data once. I have tried this on one page in Word, that I can sort under Song Title, copying it to a second list but then I could not see how to sort the copy list by Artist only.
Any suggestions, please?

grey george 17:50 21 Jan 05

Use the table tool to create a set of rows and columns and then type or cut/paste your info into the table. From the table menu select the a-z sort to change the order by song or artist. Other wise you will need to use a database program like MS Access

Diemmess 17:52 21 Jan 05

If your Word list is a table then "save-as" a document with the name of say 'Artist'.

Now highlight the Artist column in the document and as before "sort." This should give you what you want.

Unfortunately if you add more data you will have to repeat the procedure and overwrite whichever document has not been updated, but it won't tke long.

Diemmess 17:59 21 Jan 05

As grey george has said, the fancy way to do this is with Access, but if you haven't used Access before you will have to make a hefty investment, first in money to buy the thing and then in time with a steep learning curve to master.

It's a challenge, but excellent for that purpose because you can print pretty reports for every which way from the data which of course is updated as you go.

Eric10 18:23 21 Jan 05

One simple way to do this in Word 2003, if your Title, Artist, Album, Location entries are separated by tabs is to highlight the section you wish to sort then go to Table, Sort and choose the field to sort by. Field 1 for Title, Field 2 for Artist, etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…