Is word97 backwards compatable with Word ver.6

Glyn-252301 23:02 16 Mar 03

I prepared some script items using word 97 for a friend who is using word 6 and gets the setup code at begining and end of each item. Also the work is set to fonts and sizes and these are ignored in favour of his defualt settings. This does not happen to those who are using word 97 or 2000. Is this a compatability problem or is there a way to overcome it.

Thanks in advance. G.

VoG™ 23:06 16 Mar 03

In a word, "no". There were big changes between Word 6 and 97 including a different file format.

Glyn-252301 23:17 16 Mar 03

Many thanks VoG™ for your swift response, He will have to upgrade or suffer unfortunately.

Advocatum 05:36 17 Mar 03

In my PC I get Word 6 with blank sheets and Word97 with my letterhead by default, and may use both with all documents. The solution is at the Values files on Office 97 CD's with an utility named wordcnv.exe or some like that. This is a Word 97 converter to Word 6 and 7, use it and forgot troubles.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…