Word2003 Filename in top blue band

johnincrete 16:38 23 Nov 09

Word displays the current document's file name at the top of the screen. Is there a setting I can change to include the path?
Very useful when comparing 2 docs with same name!

Taff™ 16:48 23 Nov 09

Don`t think you can open two documents with the same name! Suggest you rename one, preferanly with a date on the end or call one "Original" and one "Old". That way I can keep a track of revisions.

johnincrete 05:09 24 Nov 09

You can open two word documents with the same name - I am sitting here looking at them!
Renaming one is, of course, one solution but I hoped for a much better way. I regularly compare same-name publications in PagePlus which allows me to add the path to filename in the display.

I am Spartacus 08:57 24 Nov 09

You can do something similar. Tools, Customise, Commands tab. From Categories: Web, drag Address onto the Menu bar.

johnincrete 11:06 24 Nov 09

The address block is not dragable. If it refers to a Web address it does not appear to be relevent to Word.

I am Spartacus 11:13 24 Nov 09

It is draggable and will show the file path. Left click on it to select and drag. I've just done it on 3 systems.

I am Spartacus 11:20 24 Nov 09
  johnincrete 13:54 24 Nov 09

I hadn't clicked on Address. Now done and all OK
Thanks for patience.

Woolwell 14:07 24 Nov 09

A picture tells a thousand words. I hadn't realised that it was possible to put the address there. Thanks I am Spartacus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac