//some 3rd party need geo

Word2000 -spell check persists in US

jack 12:10 19 May 05

Having OCR'ed a doc and inserted into a piece I am doing in Word 2000, I noticed there was much 'Red and Green' so I ran spell check.
I then noticed that although my spell check is set to U.K. English, whilst running through the OCR'ed piece it went to U.S.- [The doc has a U.S. origin]
and I had to manually change the U.S. spellings
So- does a document carry a hidden mark to indicate what spelling is in use?

Completealias 13:15 19 May 05

Quite possibly,

Pictures can carry hidden information as I have tried to scan some into photoshop and it refuses to open them so the same could be true of written documents

Donpaul 13:18 19 May 05

Yes. Tools/Language sets the language. Every part can be set to a different language. Many documents have parts in different languages and Word applies a different dictionary to each as specified. You could select all and change the language to UK English.

Peter 16:04 19 May 05

Do as Donpaul suggests, but make sure you select the whole document (CTRL-A) and then change the language setting. The OCR programme I use leaves the document set as American for spelling.

Peter.

jack 20:22 19 May 05

Thank you one and all for yet another kernal to put in my book of gems

jack 09:06 20 May 05

Hey wait wait a mo'
I found may self thinking [for a change] and nothing I wrote made much sense, yet I got such sensible replies.........

OCRing a doc [A phtocopy]means scanning it to a an image file [TIFF in my case]then OCR kicks in and 'reads' the characters.
Dont think there is any imbedded code there........
Hmmmm............

dewskit 12:13 20 May 05

Certainly I have this happen when using Caere Omniword Pro to OCR documents. It always seems to set the language to US English, and often tries to change the paper size to US Letter, even though the original was on A4 paper.

lotvic 14:21 20 May 05

Seems like it must be the OCR that is set to US

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…