Word Toolbar Gone!

VideoSentry 18:12 11 Jan 06

I have Office 2000 premium, Myself and 4 other users on the same machine running XP have no problems, but my wifes -when opening word- will not show any toolbars Menus etc, I have tried to read through the miriad of 'Help' forums and tried some of the fixes but to no avail. Could some kind person help me to restore some harmony in my humble household.
Brian

VoG II 18:16 11 Jan 06
  Fellsider 18:16 11 Jan 06

"....will not show any toolbars Menus etc"

Do you mean that when you open a doc you don't have any toolbars.

or

When, within a doc, you click on 'View' and then 'Toolbars', there is nothing there (i.e. list of toolbars)?

budfiend4627 18:26 11 Jan 06

I am going to assume that she can still see the menu bar with "File, Edit, View, Insert, etc."
What you have to do is Right-Click in the empty space to the left of the word "help" and you should get a drop-Down box that has the words "Standard, Formatting, etc." click the word "standard" and then the word "formatting."

Note: if the right-clicked box goes away after clicking "Standard," just go through the "right-click in empty space" process again to see that box.

Happy typing! ;-)

VideoSentry 18:26 11 Jan 06

Apart from the screen and the 'up down' arrows on the right and the different views on the left there is nothing, I have just noticed that on 'start' it only shows Word not office document.

VoG II 18:27 11 Jan 06

Have you tried the 'click here'?

budfiend4627 18:28 11 Jan 06

I ment to say "...to the right of the word "help"..."
Sorry

VideoSentry 18:28 11 Jan 06

Right clicking does not give Me anything apart from format size etc.

Damn Machine 18:35 11 Jan 06

Do you have the menu headings "File, Edit...."?
If so are they at the top of the screen?

VideoSentry 21:08 11 Jan 06

VoG™ I have tried that but no luck.
Damn Machine There is nothing at all,nought,nowt,silch,not a sausage.Very confusing!

VoG II 21:12 11 Jan 06

Have you tried:

* running Detect and Repair from the Help menu.

* closing Word and finding and renaming normal.dot (see below)

You should do both of these from Mrs VideoSentry's account.

You may need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders:

1. Click Start.
2. Click My Computer.
3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
4. Select the View Tab.
5. Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
6. Click Yes to confirm.
7. Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known file types.
8. Click OK.

Search for Hidden Files
By default, the Search companion does not search for hidden files. Because of this, you may be unable to find files, even though they exist on the drive.

To search for hidden or system files in Windows XP:

Click Start, click Search, click All files and folders, and then click More advanced options.

Click to select the Search hidden files and folders check boxes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…