Word Tables - new query

Carafaraday 09:36 04 Aug 04

Is there an easy way of knowing which cell I am in when I am working with a table in Word? Do I just have to count across and down to find out that I am in C16 for instance?

cga 09:39 04 Aug 04

If you really want to get that deep into tables then why dont you create the table in Excel & then paste it into your Word Doc?

Carafaraday 10:27 04 Aug 04

Not a question of 'getting in deep' - I just want to be able to do with Word what I did with WP. I have tried Excel, but feel that learning Word and XP are sufficient challenges to be going on with for the moment - Excel will have to come later. If anyone knows the answer to my query I'd be very grateful ...........

Taff36 12:48 04 Aug 04

cga is right. You cannot do this with a word table but try this quickly and see how you get on.

In word INSERT>OBJECT>MICROSOFT EXCEL WORKSHEET - this will insert an excel worksheet and you will see the cell references. You can size it to match your word document but you will need to format and work with Excel from either the word document or open the worksheet in Excel. Note that when you move off the worksheet it will appear greyed and you right click it and select WORKSHEET then either edit (In Word) or open in Excel.

Taff36 13:05 04 Aug 04

By the way it looks OK when printed. Do a print preview (FILE>PRINT PREVIEW or the page and magnifying glass icon) to see what I mean.

Carafaraday 13:54 04 Aug 04

Thanks - I will try and get to grips with it - no doubt you'll hear more from me shortly!

Carafaraday 13:59 04 Aug 04

Don't have excel - have only got Microsoft Works Spreadsheet - will that work ok too?

Carafaraday 14:08 04 Aug 04

OK, I think I might just be able to get the hang of this. Thanks.

Taff36 14:49 04 Aug 04

Aaaargh! (Don`t know - never had works) Can you insert a worksheet in the Word Document as I described?

Carafaraday 16:28 04 Aug 04

Is there an easy way that I'm missing to move the worksheet around within the Word document? I've tried to drag it but I just make it bigger/smaller rather than changing it's position on the page.
Using the worksheet certainly makes calculations easier, but I'm having a bit of trouble making the finished article look just the way I want.

Carafaraday 16:36 04 Aug 04

Sorry I missed your message before I posted mine. Works worksheet seems to operate just as you described, but the help is diabolical and can't be accessed from within Word.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…