word spellchecker not working correctly

skylark101 19:54 09 Feb 05

A friend of mine has just puchased a new computer with word 2002 already installed, but, when composing a document he realized that he had misspelt a word; but word had placed no wavy line underneath as it usually does to indicate an incorrect spelling, he then began to deliberately misspell a variety of words as an experiment; word did not pick up on any of them.
If anyone could offer a solution to this problem I would by very gratefull! Bye the way he reckons it is set up for UK English.

mattyc_92 19:57 09 Feb 05

It may have been disabled... I can't remember how to enable it anymore, but other forum members could tell you, if not I will be back in a minute to see if I can get to that option on mine...

mattyc_92 20:00 09 Feb 05

Went straight to it...

Open Word... Go to "Tools"->"Options" and click onto the "Spelling & Grammer" tab... Mine is setup like this... click here for a screenshot

The BB 20:01 09 Feb 05

At the bottom of the page there should be a book turning its pages ... right click to turn on/off grammar and spelling.

And remember, a spell check is only a F7 away!

csqwared 20:03 09 Feb 05

Tools/Options/Spelling and Grammar tab. There is a tick box for "check as you type". However, just to check the prog. it should spell check if you highlught the word and then go to Tools/Spelling & Grammar.

cc

mattyc_92 20:05 09 Feb 05

or press F7...

csqwared 20:06 09 Feb 05

How on earth do you do a screen shot, post it to a web site, type a reply & post it back here all in the space of three minutes??

mattyc_92 20:10 09 Feb 05

Very easy... Fast internet conection and I am used to my system's configuration... lol

mattyc_92 20:12 09 Feb 05

anyway, 3 minutes is slow for me... I normally make a screenshot and post it to a forum within around a minute and a half... (have done it may times, so that helps)..

mattyc_92 20:15 09 Feb 05

Has any of the ideas that we have posted to you helped/worked???

skylark101 19:40 10 Feb 05

I'll pass these possible solutions on to my friend at work tommorrow (Fri) but will not find out if anything worked until Monday, so I'll post a response Mon evening, thanks for all the help, much appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now