word spacing

roymack 22:03 25 Mar 07

Am having trouble with my word processing.
When i type and finish a word and click the space bar, it goes forward 1 space and then 4 quick spaces in WORD and also in Outlook Express.
I must have inadvertantly clicked on something but i can't find it anywhere, can anybody help.

RoyMack

Diodorus Siculus 22:08 25 Mar 07

Have a look in tools, auto-correct and see what is there with a blank space; could be something added there.

For example, you can tell auto-correct to replace x with y so somehow it may be replacing [space] with [space space space space space].

Just a thought...

woodchip 22:20 25 Mar 07

There should be a Default Document that you can create, so that when you click new it goes back to defaults. I use Corel WordPerfect 8 Mine is under File\Document\Currant Document Style

roymack 22:29 25 Mar 07

have been into autocorrect but nothing seems to make any difference
this is the spacing after everyword.
Thanks fortrying anyway
roymack

woodchip 22:33 25 Mar 07

Why not check the Help out, for Word Spacing

woodchip 22:36 25 Mar 07

Why not check the Help out, for Word Spacing or look for Kerning

roymack 22:44 25 Mar 07

Have loaded a form letter that I have used for over a year and it is doing the same thing in that, does not seem to have a default page
thanks

RoyMack

Diodorus Siculus 07:53 26 Mar 07

Try deleting the normal template - find a file called "normal.dot" and rename to normal.old

Start word and it will recreate the file for you.

Abel 08:10 26 Mar 07

If your problem is in Word, have you tried Format/Font/Character Spacing which, for example, should be: Scale 100%,Spacing Normal, Position normal.

Abel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos