Word Repair and detect destoyed Outlook!

slimpickins 17:24 17 Dec 04

After running Restore and repair to reset the normal.doc in Word (just deleting it hadn't worked), I found that it had reinstalled Outlook and I had lost everything.

I managed to get some very old emails from Outlook Express back via Import Export, inc the old address book and accounts but all my emails between the change to Outlook and the reinstall have disappeared.

I searched for *.pst and have just found a vast file of them but can't get them back into Outlook and browsing to the Outlook folder in Documents and settings in Import Export doesn't work, even though that's where the *.pst file is.

Any ideas?

Kegger 17:40 17 Dec 04

Hi,
you have to import the pst file back into Outlook, to do this open outlook, from the "File" drop down list select "import & Export" then select 'Import from another program or file' and then hit 'next'from the next window select Personal folder file(pst)browse to the site of the PST file, selecting to replace duplicates with imports, Highlight personal folder and add tick box to include sub folders and import into personal folders and then select finish, it takes a while (depending on the size of mailbox) but you should get it all back

slimpickins 12:08 18 Dec 04

I tried that when it first happened but today it worked! Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…