Word, Programs & Desk top Icon

Confused! 22:31 13 Jul 06

I think that I did something silly. In trying to get word as a shortcut on the desktop, I went in to start, programs, word and dragged it on to the desktop. I now have an icon on the desktop but 'word' has disappeared from my program list. I want to get the word icon on the kids' desktops and I don't know how to do it/where to find it. Can you hep

ade.h 22:38 13 Jul 06

You moved it instead of copying it. There are lots of ways of copying it: right click and choose Send To... Desktop. Hold Ctrl down while dragging. Or Right click and drag, then choose copy here.

ade.h 22:39 13 Jul 06

Oh, and drag it back from where it is now by moving it over the Start button and then over the All Progs link.

Confused! 22:42 13 Jul 06

thanks - sounds logical. Will give it a go

butter fingers 22:42 13 Jul 06

to put it back I would right click on the shortcut on the desktop then choose copy. Go and right click on the start button and choose open all users. click on programs folder then on microsoft office then right click in a space in the window and choose paste.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…