Word Processing...small problem!

King Diamond 20:50 25 Mar 03

Each time I go back to add more to my document, the text at the front of what I am typing erases automatically to be replaced with what I am trying to add. So the more I type, the more I lose basically.

Is there an option in WORD to switch this annoyance off?

Thanks!

MAJ 21:04 25 Mar 03

Have you done a virus check, King Diamond?

Happy1 21:04 25 Mar 03

I am guessing here but I use word for all my letters. I actually use the backspace key to erase errors and close. When I want to close up a gap or add words into a sentence already typed I use mouse to click where I want to add something. Hope this helps. Happy1

Happy1 21:09 25 Mar 03

Maj Could be right as Microsoft office is prone to viruses. Have you checked security in Macros. Needs to be high.

beeuuem 21:19 25 Mar 03

I think that you may have overtype turned on. This tells how to turn it on/ off

Type over existing text
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Edit tab.

To replace existing text as you type, select the Overtype mode check box.
Tip For a quick way to switch between Insert mode and Overtype mode, double-click OVR on the status bar. (When OVR is dimmed, Insert mode is on; when OVR is bold, Overtype mode is on.)

grainish 21:23 25 Mar 03

Simple! Switch this annoyance off by clicking on “OVR” in the box at the bottom of the screen, next to the box with the tick on the book if your spelling is correct or if like me it contains a flashing cross to indicate my spelling is atrocious. I have found that for some reason “overwrite” turns itself on for no apparent reason.

grainish 21:26 25 Mar 03

beeuuem

Must try and type faster.

grainish 21:27 25 Mar 03

that should read I must try and type faster!

King Diamond 21:28 25 Mar 03

Thanks a million all, the OVR was the problem. Now I can kick this essay into touch.

Cheers!

beeuuem 21:35 25 Mar 03

grainish

I know the feeling. Though fastest isn't always right, as I often find out here when I post in haste.

interzone55 21:41 25 Mar 03

Even easier press the INSERT key above DELETE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…