word processing help.

Legolas 15:05 31 May 03

How do I centre a graphic on a page both horizontally and verically in Microsoft Word 97

leo49 15:26 31 May 03

This works in 2000 perhaps similar in 97.

Insert graphic into page.Click on it to get the focus then on the Drawing Toolbar click TextWrapping/In Front of Text.Then click on the Drawing Toolbar again click Align or Distribute/Relative to Page.[this will enable the greyedout options].Again click Drawing/Relative to Page,you can then select the graphics position in the page.

Legolas 16:02 31 May 03

Thanks leo49 I tried your suggestion but for some reason it will not let me choose the wrapping format they are all greyed out apart from the last option. I managed to center it manually using the guides at the side and after a bit of hit and miss it is centered. I think there must be an easier way but it will do for now.

fitshase 16:47 31 May 03

If you are just wanting to insert a picture on the page and nothing else, follow the steps below.

1. Insert the picture into the document.

2. Click on the centre button (as if you were centering text)

3. Go to file\page setup

4. Select page layout tab and then select Vertical Allignment as Centre.

That should put the picture in the middle of the page.

Legolas 19:46 31 May 03

Followed you instructions fitshase but it positions the graphic about a quarter of the way down the page in the centre but not in the middle of the page.

otubby1 23:00 31 May 03

You have ticked as resolved, but you don't say how you resolved your problem.

just in case you haven't already, try this one.

Insert your graphic, on the picture toolbar, at the bottom of the page, click 'Draw'.

Hover over 'Align and Ditribute' and if all are greyed out, click 'Relative to page'. The dialogue box will close.

Go back to 'Draw' > 'Align and Ditribute', and you SHOULD have the choice of what you want to do with the graphic.

P.S. Don't forget to click it, to activate it before you do all this :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…