Word Problem: missing sub-menu on Insert,Autotext

harris99 18:46 05 May 05

In Word 2002, when I click Insert,Autotext,all the submenus after Attention Line,Header/footer etc are blank, whereas my friend's computer shows for example, after Closing, Best regards etc.and other options for Header/fFooter etc. How can I activate the other options on this sub-menu? Both computers are on XP and Word 2002

VoG II 18:49 05 May 05

Try Detect and Repair on the Help menu.

harris99 15:36 06 May 05

I ran Detect and Repair but it has made no difference. Still get a blank when clicking Insert,Autototext, then, for example, Headers/Footers

VoG II 15:45 06 May 05

Maybe they've gone missing from the default document template.

Try this click here

harris99 16:20 06 May 05

Many thanks. Have had a look at this and got cold feet! I feel I'm a bit out of my depth here. Have had a dialogue box opening in the past when I close down Word warning about changes to the Global template which I have not understood but have managed to close the dialogue box eventually and close Word - without ill effect,as I thought!
Perhaps I was wrong, but things work OK. If it ain't broke, I'd rather not fix it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…