Word problem encountered, but lost Product CD

Keyhole 21:16 08 Feb 04

When opening Word (from Office 2002), a pane opens saying "Microsoft has encountered a problem etc". I tried "Detect and Repair" from the help menu, but this requires the Product CD, which I have lost. I have the registration number and my OS is XP Home Edition. Is there any way to effect a repair without the original CD?

Have you tried contacting microsoft to have a look on there trouble shooting or email them direct.

pc moron 23:57 08 Feb 04

It might be a corrupt Normal.dot template.

Search for Normal.dot and delete it.

Word will create a new one the next time it starts.

canard 00:03 09 Feb 04

Belarc click here give you Windows product number so would think it should give you your Office product no too.

Djohn 00:23 09 Feb 04

Keyhole, If you have the original "Product key" number for Office 2002, then I think it will be OK to make a copy CD from someone else's, but use your own key to install.

The CD is only a bit of plastic, it's the product licence that you have paid for. This licence entitles you to have the program on your PC. Give Microsoft a phone call to double check, but I can't see any major problem with this. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…