WORD Problem

Nenad 09:23 20 Aug 05

Help please I am baffled by a Word problem. I am trying to insert page numbers in a short document of three pages but while the numbers appear on the document screen they don't appear on the print preview screen and don't print. Any other document accepts page numbers without any problems, they appear on the document, on the print preview and then print OK.
I have also tried to add a footer and then put the page numbers in the footer, but this also doesn't work with this particular document.
So Word experts, any advice, suggestions, etc would be much appreciated.

Graham ® 09:30 20 Aug 05

Can we assume this is not a document you have created? If it is from someone else, it may be write protected. Look in Properties.

Graham ® 09:38 20 Aug 05

Try Tools, Unprotect document.

Peter 11:34 20 Aug 05

I think you may have adjusted your page dimensions and pushed the footer off the printable area of the page.

Try increasing the Botton Margin (File, Page Setup, Margins) and make sure there is space for the footer.

Remember there may be an area at the bottom of the page (and all round the page for that matter) where the printer cannot print.

Also, if it doesn't show in the print preview screen it is unlikely to print on the paper.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…