word problem

Jayne doe 08:34 05 Apr 05

Hi all. A small problem with WORD 2000. The kids were using it and somehow they have managed to remove all the toolbars, yes all of them. How do I get them back please.? The help file says to go to view and choose toolbars but all the toolbars are missing including the basic one. All I get is a blank sheet. I have tried ctrl , shift etc with all the letter combinations to see if I could get the main bar to reappear but with no success. I then tried reinstalling office over the top of existing one but Word still comes up the same. Anyonw know how to get them back please? Thanks
Jayne.

recap 08:37 05 Apr 05

If you have the file menu still in view, go to Help/Detect and Repair, this may get them back for you. Have the Office disc at hand as it may be needed.

Diodorus Siculus 08:45 05 Apr 05

Do you have file, edit view, etc? If so, right click beside it and choose the ones you want.

Diodorus Siculus 08:55 05 Apr 05

Deleting the normal template may also help:
search for normal.dot and delete it; restart word.

Eric10 09:30 05 Apr 05

If it's as simple as the view being changed to "full screen" then press ALT+V to show the view menu then press "U" to get normal view back. If this doesn't help then click here to check other possible solutions.

Jayne doe 10:10 05 Apr 05

Do you have file, edit view, etc? These are available ALL menus have gone. Also alt and V and U dont work either. That was the first thing I treid. I am currently look at the link you sent thanks. Jayne

Diemmess 10:36 05 Apr 05

The normal.dot template can be corrupted. ...... Deletion is simple, and next time Word starts a brand new copy is built.

Have seen this problem twice now. Each time the user had tried reinstallation without success, and 2 minutes is all it takes to be up and running again.

Eric10 10:51 05 Apr 05

If deleting Normal.dot doesn't work then go straight to the Registry Fix near the bottom of the link I provided. This has never failed for me but backup the registry first.

Diodorus Siculus 14:38 05 Apr 05

[quote] Do you have file, edit view, etc? These are available ALL menus have gone.[/quote]

What are available?

Jayne doe 14:44 05 Apr 05

thanks guys deleting the normal. seemed to wotk Thanks. Jayne

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…