Word - The printer has not yet responded.......

Hammers Fan 23:37 28 Nov 07

I have recently been getting an error message when printing which only happens when using Word (2003).

All other applications are fine.

The message is "The printer has not yet responded, but the Microsoft Office programme may be able to proceed without printer information. Do you want to wait for the printer?"

If I click 'No' the the print dialogue box comes up but with no printer in the name box. If I then click on the drop down my printer is listed (with the tick showing it is the default printer).

When I select the printer the message "The printer has not responded...." appears again.

This time if I click on yes, eventually (perhaps 30 seconds) the printer information will be displayed. I can then click on "OK" which will send it to print, although this takes a long time too.

I've tried uninstalling the printer and reinstalling but this hasn't cured it.

I've tried updating the driver again without success.

I've tried changing USB port - still the same.

I've run the repair Word from the Office disc, but again no difference.

I've got an Epsom D92 connected via USB, OS is XP.

This is driving me up the wall so any help would be greatly appreciated.

xania 08:53 29 Nov 07

It seems to me that this must be a problem with Word, but if running the repair doesn't work, I would remove Office entirely then, with your printer switched on, reboot the PC and then reinstall Office, and reboot again before trying to do anything else.

VoG II 09:05 29 Nov 07

click here may help.

Ogbournestandrew 13:55 20 Jan 08

I have exactly the same problem and have tried the microsoft article to resolve it but when I use the trouble shooting utility I do not seem to have things like the data registry key there!

I have uninstalled Word and re-installed it but I still cannot print.

I would really appreciate some help please.

Andrew

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…