Word opens with a previous document each time.

Eddd 19:17 26 Apr 06

Every time I open Microsoft word for the last few days it opens not with a blank document but with a letter I was typing a few days ago.
When I closed word after finishing the document I wasn't prompted to save and since then it opens each time with this document.
I have done a search of my computer and deleted all the files that had the heading of the letter, these all seemed to be shortcuts, but it also happens if I delete the document and then try opening a new/ blank document the letter is there again.
I don't recall anything being different except the fact that I wasn't prompted to save after I had finished with the said document.
I've tried trawling through the word help but can't seem to get rid of this very annoying document.
Please help.

VoG II 19:20 26 Apr 06

It sounds like you have managed to save the file as the default document template.

Click Start, click Search, click All files and folders, and then click More advanced options.

Click to select the Search hidden files and folders check boxes.

Search for the file

normal.dot

when you find it (or them) right click, select Rename and call it (or them) something else.

Start Word and see if the problem is resolved.

VoG II 19:51 26 Apr 06

click here as well.

Eddd 20:38 26 Apr 06

HI VoG,

Just to let you know that this link has sorted the problem and I am now back to normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…