Word opening has become weird

User-312386 23:24 29 Mar 04

Hi all

Just set up a quick site so i can show football teamsheet for 2 weeks etc etc click here

User-312386 23:27 29 Mar 04

weird things are happening my end, when i click on the newsletter link that is supposed to open word i get this jumbled mess click here

is it my end or something i have done in Frontpage 2003?

Sir Radfordin 23:38 29 Mar 04

When I open click here which is the Word file from your site it opens without any problems in Word.

I assume the second link is supposed to be a HTM page showing what happens when you open it?

It may be that you have a problem with file associations :S

User-312386 23:26 30 Mar 04

still can not open that one page on my computer with word

Sir Radfordin 00:36 31 Mar 04

I assume you can open it normally in word? Can you open other word docs via the internet - if you don't have a link to one let me know and I'll hunt one out.

Can't think of much that could be wrong.

User-312386 00:39 31 Mar 04

all other word links i can open as normal, it is just that link via my site that opens in a .htm page as gobledigook

going mad here

tomleady 10:33 31 Mar 04

loads fine in mine aswell.

if i do either Open, or Save As, it works fine madboy

Sir Radfordin 11:57 31 Mar 04

well your name is madboy ;)

What happens if you upload another word file to your site?

Need to try and work out if it is a problem with your site, your computer or your word files!

User-312386 17:45 31 Mar 04

click here this is the link for that poster

However, when i try and open it i get this click here

what the hell has gone wrong with my computer?

User-312386 21:00 01 Apr 04

this thread was moved to the helproom at my request as was in webdesign but need help folks

Djohn 21:10 01 Apr 04

Nope your not going mad! ;o)

When I click on your links above with the problems mentioned, I get the same as you. Squares/ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ and a few other strange symbols. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…