Word open and save problem

wetterfugal © 20:09 20 Jun 05

when opening or saving a document in word I used to get a small widow with a list of folders in 'My Documents'where I could scroll across and select the folder I required.

When I was scrolling the screen suddenly opened up full screen with all the folders in view. How can I return to the classic small window with the scroll bar thatI have used from 95,98,XP?

john-232317 20:32 20 Jun 05

Go to the corner of the window with the cursor, when it changes to a double headed arrow, hold left mouse button and drag inwards to the size you want.

wetterfugal © 22:35 20 Jun 05

dadyassa

Can't get the double arrows top, left, right or bottom. I could resize the window before the fault occurred. I made sure that the edges of the window was on screen.

I further notice that the screen shows a dropdown menue showing an explorer type tree showing all drives and foders.

On the left there is a panel showing History, My Documents, Desktop, favourites and My Network Places.

wetterfugal © 22:36 20 Jun 05

dadyassa

Can't get the double arrows top, left, right or bottom. I could resize the window before the fault occurred. I made sure that the edges of the window was on screen.

I further notice that the screen shows a dropdown menue showing an explorer type tree showing all drives and foders.

On the left there is a panel showing History, My Documents, Desktop, favourites and My Network Places.

Eric10 22:47 20 Jun 05

Try right-clicking the blue bar at the top and choose Restore from the menu.

Eric10 22:49 20 Jun 05

Just to clarify. I mean the blue bar at the top of the "Save" dialogue box.

wetterfugal © 22:51 20 Jun 05

Eric10

Got it, Problem solved, Thanks Eric10.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…