Word in OffP97 - default amount of copies to print

loobyloo 16:07 22 Jan 03
  loobyloo 16:07 22 Jan 03

My copy of word has suddenly decided it wants to print 2 copies of everything. I changed the copy amount to 2 the other day and it has stayed that way ever since! I now have to change it back to 1 before I print. (I can change it to any number but it now defaults to 2). Both the print icon and the file/print do the same. All other Office Pro 97 programs still default to 1 print even after being changed.
I have tried every menu to find a default setting, reinstalled the printer driver and even totally reinstalled Office Pro - all to no avail!
Please.... before a nearly bald man tears out what is left of his hair can anybody help? Thanks

bof:) 22:44 22 Jan 03

Hi loobyloo,

I've also worked through all of options I could find in Office 97 and can find nothing. Also found nothing in the 'help' option. This makes me think that perhaps something else such as the printer program is possibly causing the error.

Have you downloaded any other programs at all whilst you were doing your printing?

When you say "All other Office Pro 97 programs still default to 1 print" which programs do you mean?

Mike

bof:) 22:45 22 Jan 03

refresh

VoG™ 22:49 22 Jan 03

Are you printing to the same printer each time?

BRYNIT 23:54 22 Jan 03

Have you tried to open the printer folder right click on the printer go to properties/features click on default setting or change to 1 copy.

Then open word go to print check the options are set to use printer settings and that the copy is set to 1.

loobyloo 14:17 23 Jan 03

Thanks bof, Vog and Brynt,

Brynt hit the nail on the head! I can't believe I missed the default print amount in the properties of the printer! What a *illock!!!!
I don't know how it got changed though as I haven't had reason to go into the properties screen of the printer since I can't remember when!
I suppose I ignored the old advice of 'think thick' then carry on!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5