Word (office 2000) closing down

Safwana 09:16 08 Feb 03

An intermittent problem has bugged me for months: When I try to close a file, MS Word informs me of an error which necessitates closing down the programme. Usually no information is lost following a rebootof the programme.

I am using XP home editiion and have recently downloaded SP 1,2 and 3 for Office 2000 without any difference. I also installed all updates, but the problem remains. Any ideas?

Safwana.

VoG™ 09:34 08 Feb 03

Have you tried Help/Detect and repair in Word?

Do you get a detailed message or just "This program has encountered an error and needs to close" or similar?

Safwana 17:19 08 Feb 03

VoG, the message is general, exactly as you wrote it. On one occasion I was prompted to look at the MS web site for a "fix". This led me to the SP 12 and 3 downloads, which did not resolve the problem.

I have not tried the help/detect and repair, but will do so now and see what difference it makes. It is on average closing down once every 8 times I close a document, so is inconsistent. It often closes after I boot up Word the first time, with the problem not recurring that day following a reboot of the programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…