Word not saving to USB drive?

Shortstop 16:09 18 Aug 07

Hi,

My daughter has a laptop with Vista pre-installed and has been using Word whilst doing her work. She tells me occassionally Word is unable to save her work to her USB pen drive and that she cannot access documents that were previously saved. This seems to happen more often when tables are being used and the warning is that the table is corrupted. The previously saved file has then been deleted automatically from the USB pen by Word.

She has tried various Microsoft Office suites [XP, 03, etc] and has just downloaded a trial of Office 2007 from Microsoft - but it did the same thing again this morning. I have recommended that she ONLY saves to her local drive at the moment but the USB drive is her preferred option to move these files between various PCs. We do not know whether the same problem will now occur after saving on the local drive.

Any ideas what the problem could be as it is obviously not linked to a specific version of Office?

TIA

Paul

Diodorus Siculus 16:24 18 Aug 07

Save to a folder on the hard drive then copy the folder to the usb stick; that is by far the most reliable means.

tobyb121 16:29 18 Aug 07

Have you tried it with a different usb

Shortstop 15:22 23 Aug 07

It looks like Cruzr software may not be compatible

Ticked.

Paul

Theory5 16:11 23 Aug 07

Hey, could be alot of things, Does the USB stick have a light that blinks when it is connected? I have 2 usb sticks that both have lights and sometimes they can get jiggled or somthing. Shortstop said it might not be compatabile, some company's are putting up patches on their websites for vista users, see if they have a compatibility patch.
-theory

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now