Word not responding when asked to print

Farleyjim 13:52 01 Oct 04

I've had an irritating problem occur just lately which wastes a lot of time. When I'm on the net and want to print a part of a page, I always used to highlight the text and then copy and paste into Word 2000 so that I could edit the text(font and size etc}. However now, when I ask Word to print, it stops responding and the only way I can get it to work is to come off line and start again. It then usually works but it seems necessary to come off line. Just closing Word doesn't seem to do the trick. The annoying thing is, of course, is that it doesn't happen all the time. Anybody got any clues, please?

QuickHare 15:50 01 Oct 04

Have you tampered with the printer driver recently? If not, try to remove it, then reinstall it.

If not, it could be Word 2000. Try to reinstall it by running the setup again. There should be an option to repair or reinstall the previous installation.

I'd be tempted to try the printer driver before Word, because when Word invokes the printer driver through Windows, it crashes. It might be a bad command going to the driver from Word or the driver not understanding and becoming corrupted.

Hope this makes sense.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…