word not printing, but prints everything else???

PhiltheFragger 14:44 05 May 06

Old Dell p3 800 with win 2000 sp4 installed

has a canon I865 printer installed and a canon canoscan scanner and office 2003 prof

If you type a word doc, it will not print, it connects to the printer and puts the paper through, but paper is blank.

but it does print test pages, it does print from the web and it copies and prints from the scanner.
The status monitor works and it is set as the default printer.

have uninstalled and reinstalled office and printer, got the latest drivers from canon and got all available office updates.

My gut feeling says its office but have tried it with word 2000 and still the same.

Im going to swap in a mates printer to try and narrow it down more.

Any idea out there?

Belatucadrus 15:12 05 May 06

Does the print show up if you look at the document in Office File/Page preview.

woodchip 15:15 05 May 06

Reinstall or Repair Word

PhiltheFragger 15:48 05 May 06

Yep, if you open the document and hit file, print preview, it opens there fine, goes through the motions. just doesnt come out on paper.

have uninstalled office, even used the microsoft windows installer utility to totally clear it out.

reinstalled , still the same

VoG II 16:00 05 May 06
  PhiltheFragger 16:08 05 May 06

Thanks VoG , I am already looking at the word 2003 version, am working through and will report back

Simsy 10:24 06 May 06

Are you using any kind of ink saving utility? If so disable it and see it that achieves anything.

In the print options dialogue for the Word document are you set for "Draft" output? Have you got all the correct boxes ticked in there.

In the printer settings do you have it set for "draft" or "economy", or something like that?

The angle I'm coming at this from is that a combination of the above may mean that it is printing, but all the various settings are conspiring to mean that so little ink is being used that nothing is coming out...

I did say I was stabbing in the dark!

As a work round if you're desperate for something quickly... assuming you can print from PDF documents, convert it to a pdf and print that. There are some free pdf converters... Cutepdf is one for eaxmple.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Belatucadrus 16:42 06 May 06

Try printing them via Abiword click here. Not a fix as such, but should give some idea whether the fault is with the printer setup or Word.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…