WORD - how can I keep a text together?

Carafaraday 16:27 10 Aug 04

Is there any way I can keep a block of selected text together so that I doesn't get split up by a page break?

Thanks.

hugh-265156 16:31 10 Aug 04

insert a manual page break 'shift+enter' to keep the text where you want.

Djohn 17:46 10 Aug 04

Left click once anywhere in the text line to make an insertion point then click on the toolbar/Insert/break and choose the type of break you require. j.

Peter 18:20 10 Aug 04

If you left click in the paragraph of text that you want to keep together i.e. not split across a page break, then select paragraph from the Format pull down menu. On the line and Page Breaks tab click the "Keep lines together" option. If the paragraph is too big to fit on the page in on piece it will be moved, on mass, to the next page.

Hope this helps, post back if it is unclear.

Peter.

Peter 18:21 10 Aug 04

If you left click in the paragraph of text that you want to keep together i.e. not split across a page break, then select paragraph from the Format pull down menu. On the line and Page Breaks tab click the "Keep lines together" option. If the paragraph is too big to fit on the page in on piece it will be moved, on mass, to the next page.

Peter.

Peter 18:22 10 Aug 04

Peter.

Peter 18:24 10 Aug 04

Sorry about the triple posting. I didn't seem to be getting a response.

Peter.

Carafaraday 18:47 10 Aug 04

Thanks. That works for a paragraph, but what about a whole lot of mini paragraphs that I want to keep together? Can I just do the same with a 'block' that I have 'selected'?
I am really struggling here to get my Word Perfect files to work with Word - I can't realistically retype them as one is more than 47 pages!

Peter 18:58 10 Aug 04

Same procedure as before, but use the "Keep with next" option, with or without the "Keep lines together" option, as required. You should be able to mark several paraghaphs at once and apply these options, but be careful not to do so much that Word can't fit the text on one page.

Peter.

Peter 19:02 10 Aug 04

As another option, Word should be able to import your Word Perfect 5, 6 or 7 files and do "most" of the work for you.

Peter.

Carafaraday 08:59 11 Aug 04

Thanks, Peter. I'll try that this morning - fingers crossed!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…