Word format problem

Furkin 10:39 31 Jul 05

Hi all, I have a niggly problem at times using Word. I’m sure that it’s only a Format problem, but I can’t see where to alter it. When I write something, then go back to edit part of it, when I go to in-put an extra word or letter, it overwrites the next letters/words instead of moving them along to accommodate the new ones. It doesn’t happen every time, so I assume that it depends on that particular page set-up. Any ideas please ?
Thanks
Furkin

Taff36 10:46 31 Jul 05

You have accidentally pressed the insert key. Simply press it again. You will see when this happens that in the bottom pane the letters OVR (Overtype) are in bold black. You can simply double click these letters to disable it too.

Furkin 10:56 31 Jul 05

Cheers Taff - so simple it's scary.
As you say, it was done accidentally,,,, as I've never used that button !
Job Done - Thanks again
Furkin

Taff36 11:07 31 Jul 05

Want to know how to prevent it happening? Go to Tools>Options and on the Edit Tab tick the Use INSERT key for "paste" box. Now if you copy something to the clipboard you simply hit the insert key to paste. Also tick the box underneath for Overtype mode - now you have to double click the OVR letters to turn it on or off.

Talking about ticking - resolved tick box would be good!

Furkin 11:38 31 Jul 05

Thanks again Taff - i'll have a play aoround with it.
incidentally, I did tick the Resolved box,,, in fact I just came back to check that it was still ticked. Thick me tho', forgot to press the button also !!!
I do like to let people know whats happening & will know better in the future.
all the best
furkin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…