Word format

beeuuem 00:07 03 Sep 09

Is it possible, having created a form in Word, to 'fix' the formatting? The form is to be sent to acustomer for completion but I don't want them to be able to edit the form.

Terry Brown 07:30 03 Sep 09

Can you make it a PDF format (Suitable for print out).

Would this help, Password protection before Editing allowed.
Restrict formatting of a document
Show All
Hide All
When you restrict the formatting of a document, you prevent users from applying styles that you don't explicitly make available. You also prevent users from applying formatting directly to text, such as bulleted or numbered lists or font characteristics. When formatting is restricted, the commands and keyboard shortcuts for applying formatting directly are unavailable.

On the Tools menu, click Protect Document.
In the Protect Document task pane, select the Limit formatting to a selection of styles check box.
Click Settings.
In the list of formatting styles in the Formatting Restrictions dialog box, select the check boxes for the styles you want to allow, and clear the check boxes for the styles you don't want to allow in the document.
Tips

To limit formatting to the minimum number of recommended choices, click Recommended Minimum. You can restrict formatting to fewer choices, but doing so removes styles that Microsoft Word uses in certain features, such as tables of contents and bulleted or numbered lists.
If you want to retain certain AutoFormat features, such as changing "1/2" to "½," select the Allow AutoFormat to override formatting restrictions check box.
Click Yes, Start Enforcing Protection.
Type a password in the Enter new password (optional) box, and then confirm the password.

Terry

beeuuem 15:04 03 Sep 09

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
A PDF would be secure but it is a booking form. Ideally it can be sent,completed and returned by email.
In part my problem may be compounded by the fact I still use Word 2000, perhaps a later version would have more of the features I need.
Thanks again for your input, I'll try them and see if I can achieve the desired result.

Alan2 17:56 03 Sep 09

Have you thought about using Excel instead, as you can "protect" cells to prevent them being altered. It is possible to password protect if necessary.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…