Word font size

Channel 21:35 21 Sep 06

On opening Word 2002 suddenly the font size is about 72 points yet the box says 12.I've closed the program, but it's the same again on reopening.I've shut down the PC for half an hour,tried System Restore, but no change.I use XP Home.Up to today no problems with Word.

VoG II 21:39 21 Sep 06
  Diodorus Siculus 21:39 21 Sep 06

Find a file called normal.dot and delete; start Word and it should be ok.

If not, try detect and repair from help menu.

isca2 21:40 21 Sep 06

Have you tried deleting the file normal.dot and then bring up Word again ?

terryf 21:59 21 Sep 06

Just a tip, when all is working well, search for normal dot in C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. When it comes up in the search window, right click and go to properties then make the file read only. Ctrl + C and paste the copy into another location as a backup.

Channel 22:36 21 Sep 06

Thanks for suggestions-deleting normal.dot didn't help, nor the detect and repair.I've just printed off Microsoft's advice clicking from the page VoG pointed to, and will try tomorrow.

Channel 12:17 23 Sep 06

I followed all the instructions, and eventually had to uninstall,reinstall Word.The problem was still there!I have solved the problem however, by opening a letter written in Word,clicking on New> blank document.It opened Ok, and presumably remade a new normal.dot On closing, I've reopened Word several times with no problem.

terryf 12:33 23 Sep 06

Now make it read-only

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced