Word / Excel 2002 and Acrobat 5

s99Raj 19:49 01 Jul 03

I have Word and Excel 2002 and Acrobat 5, and I'd like to convert some Word and Excel files into pdf files. The problem is that I don't have an Acrobat menu in Word or Excel, as the manual says I should. I can't seem to find anywhere which will tell me how to get this menu up.
Does anyone know?
And could I do the same with Paint Shop Pro too, say, or any other program?

jazzypop 20:38 01 Jul 03

Open Word /Excel, right-click your existing toolbar, and tick the 'pdfmaker' toolbar.

Or, create your document in Word ? Excel, choose File / Print, and select the Acrobat Distiller as your printer. This will 'print' your document to a pdf file.

If it is not listed, you will need to reinstall Acrobat, and make sure you enable the Distiller and Office Plug-ins. Acrobat only installs the plug-ins automatically if it detects Office on your system, so if you installed Acrobat first, the plug-in cannot be installed.

VoG II 20:38 01 Jul 03

This is a bit of a guess but in Excel go to Tools/Add-ins and if there is Acrobat in the list, tick it.

If that works, in Word, Tools/Templates and Add-ins and try to locate the add-in.

s99Raj 20:44 01 Jul 03

I've tried right-clicking on my existing toolbar but there's no pdfmaker there.
Acrobat Distiller appears to be installed but i'd like to convert documents to pdf format and save them.
VoG's suggestions above don't seem to work either.

jazzypop 21:09 01 Jul 03

When you 'print' to Distiller, you *will* be saving a PDF file ('printing' to disk, not paper) - try it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…