Word documents using Gill Sans font won't print

fishyman 09:17 29 May 06

I have created 5 Microsoft Word files using Gill Sans font which is a truetype font not included as standard with Windows or Office. Gill Sans is a font included with Lotus Worpro which I also use. One of the larger files prints ok, but the other 4 won't print at all and no error messages come up. The same problem occurs on another PC I have tried to print from so I am assuming the font or the files themselves must be the problem. The troublehooter suggests shortage of disk space or memory might be causing it but I have plenty of both. Any ideas please?

Taff™ 09:43 29 May 06

I have Gill Sans MT on my Office 2002 set up but I`m guessing that`s not the same as you require. Have you installed the font on to your computer and if so what Operating System/Office version have you got?

You could try deleting a few fonts to see if that cures the problem.

fishyman 09:54 29 May 06

Gill Sans is an installed font and I am Using XP SP2 with Microsoft Office 2003.

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:08 29 May 06

Do you have any other programmes that use fonts, any photoedits or Nero cover designer etc. Maybe you could see how this font reacts in them. I have 947 fonts installed including 9 variants of Gill Sans and so far have not seen the problem you describe. Does it work if you print from Wordpro.

Taff™ 10:43 29 May 06

Why not use another similar font? Open Control Panel and select Fonts. Then select View from the menu and select View by Similarity. In the top drop down box select Gill Sans and you`ll see a list of "fairly Similar" one`s. Arial is one of those and a personal favourite of mine because of it`s clarity for general reading.

Stuartli 11:09 29 May 06

Do you have the latest drivers for your printer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…