Word document has no toolbars

PATRIOT 22:31 22 Sep 04

Somehow my 'normal' word template has lost any trace of the toolbars below the blue title bar. This area is completely blank. If I log onto XP Home (SP1) with a different user account, the Word template opens correctly.
I have tried deleting the 'normal' template in the Microsoft Templates folder for the User that has the problem, but this has not worked.
Any one come across this problem or has a solution.

hugh-265156 22:36 22 Sep 04

do you still have 'file/edit/view/inset/format' etc. showing?

try right clicking anywhere in the toolbar area and tick 'standard' 'formating' etc here. does this help?

Confab 22:52 22 Sep 04

I had the same problem a few weeks ago and even uninstalled Office and re-installed it again but I still had no toolbars. It turned out to be a corrupt registry entry. Details of how to correct it can be found

click here

PATRIOT 20:31 23 Sep 04

Huggy971, can't do that, there is no 'file/edit/view/inset/format' showing or area for the toolbars to click on.
Confab, thanks also for your registry suggestion - I will investigate, thanks to both of you.

PATRIOT 12:57 25 Sep 04

Tried the link to MS Knowledgebase - 242368, when I renamed all versions of the Global template, the problem was solved. Many thanks Confab and PC Advisor for the service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…