Word Document Formatting; not wanted

p;3 12:42 08 Jul 10

I was editiing an item I had copied from the Internet into a Word Document with all the formatting symbols in it

For some reason all of my Word Documents are now displaying thse icons etc

likie in this click here

Hopefully this is an example of what I now see [url=click here][img]click here[/img][/url]

or maybe this

click here

is what I now see

How can I correct this on all my Documents plesase ?

lotvic 13:01 08 Jul 10

In word, click on the symbol that looks like a reverse P (next to the page % box)
or hold down Ctrl + shift and press *
This turns the show punctuation feature on or off.

p;3 13:24 08 Jul 10

Are you possibly able to give me some screan shots of that please

Unfortunatley all of my Word documents I have so far checked for this seem to be affected and I wonder if I have managed to corrupt the Template...

Sea Urchin 13:32 08 Jul 10

The backward P is called a Pilcrow - and it appears in your first Click Here above - it's the first diagram as you look down the page. Do as lotvic says, and all your documents will be "put right".

p;3 13:42 08 Jul 10

So how did I manage to get that 'corruption' on to the Documents?

Sea Urchin 14:32 08 Jul 10

There is no "corruption" on the documents - it's just that when you have the pilcrow button depressed it displays the non-printed characters which are the formatting marks etc. They do not display when you print the document.

I don't fully understand your query - as your first link above explains all this in great detail - here it is again

click here

onthelimit 14:49 08 Jul 10

Some people like to see the formating as they type, and that is what it is for. It will be there because you hit the button at some time, I guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…