word document downloads error

mooresy 00:52 09 Dec 03

Hi All,Can you help, i am studying an online course which requires me to download documents using ms word, just lately the documents have been downloading and contain the written word and what i can only describe as characters or binary form. Documents in the past have been fine

Djohn 01:01 09 Dec 03

Are you using "Word" yourself to open/read them? and have you made any recent changes to your software, by adding or removing any programs or applications?

also do you know wheat the file ext. is of the documents you are receiving? j.

pc moron 01:09 09 Dec 03

Has your Online Tutor upgraded to Word 2003 and neglected to save their documents so that a previous version can open them ?

pc moron 01:51 09 Dec 03

Will enquire about that, but i am able to recieve the documents ok via email. Regards. Mooresy.

So it's not your Tutor Site.

Are downloads, in general, okay on your PC?

Djohn 02:11 09 Dec 03

Message below received by mail. mooresy I don't mind at all you contacting me direct, and will always try to reply and help, but it's better to reply to the thread, then others will see what you have tried and then can offer further advice.

Regards. j.

I don,t physically open word, it would open automatically in the past.
The only changes i can think of is when i had to re-install WIN98.

Jester2K II 07:45 09 Dec 03

Did you reinstall Word?

mooresy 09:59 09 Dec 03

Hi All,
In reply, I have re-installed word in fact all of office 97.
Downloads are now becoming more like the problem described.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…