Word docs stay at the bottom of the screen!!!

Nicky77 11:51 22 Jun 06

This has only just started happening but when I click on my word icon on the desktop, it just drops to the bottom of the screen and I cant bring it up to fill the whole page. Ive tried going into my docs and bringing up already saved docs and the same thing happens - it just falls to the bottom of the screen. i think ive tried almost everything. ive tried right clicking, making another shortcut, opening word from another location etc..

Nicky

rawprawn 12:14 22 Jun 06

Reinstall or repair Word?

GroupFC 12:16 22 Jun 06

It sounds as if it is opening as minimised.

Try this:-

To start a program as a taskbar button or as a maximized window
Right-click the program you want to start as a taskbar button or as a maximized window.
You can find programs on the Start menu, in Windows Explorer, or in My Computer.

Click Properties, and then click the Shortcut tab.
In the Run list, click Minimized if you want the program to open as a taskbar button, or click Maximized if you want the program to open as a full-screen window.

This was taken from the help files and forgive me if I have misunderstood the problem!

Diemmess 12:23 22 Jun 06

Word 2000 can sometimes go corrupt, and reinstalling (i.e. uninstalling first) doesn't always correct the fault.
Perhaps the naughty bits linger and reinstalling doesn't overwrite them.

Worth a try---
1) Close Word
2) Do a Search for Normal.DOT
3) When you find it, delete it (right click and Delete.)
4) Now open Word again.

This should mean that Word makes its own new Normal.dot (which carries all sorts of commands as well as the appearance of the opening screen which will now have the basic default settings)

Nicky77 12:31 22 Jun 06

Ive tried doing what GroupFC suggested but that didnt work. ill try re-installing it

Nicky

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…