Word docs to pdf file

time and a half 12:02 07 Mar 03

How can I convert a word document to pdf file?
My Word program cannot do it. Are there any free programs to do this?

Lozzy 12:07 07 Mar 03

You need Acrobat click here

spargo 12:18 07 Mar 03

Acrobat is expensive1 A cheaper alternative is the 'Jaws pdf Creator' free on a recent copy of PC Plus magazine. It works very well.

Peter 12:23 07 Mar 03

Adobe PhoteDeluxe Business Edition Ver.1.1 installs a PDF Writer printer driver which produces PDF from programmes which print to it. I think it has been available free on some magazine cover disks, but I can't remember which ones.

Remember that once you have written the document to a PDF file you will not be able to edit it unless you have Adobe Acrobat (not just the Reader), which as spargo comments, is rather expensive.

Peter.

Aspman 12:35 07 Mar 03

Also try PDF995 its free and will convert word and excel files to pdf. It opens a browser window after it has done its job and asks you to buy but apart from that there are no restictions. The pdf produced isn't as good qulaity as Acrobat makes but hey its free.

spargo 12:40 07 Mar 03

Jaws pdf Creator 2.11 was on the Feb. issue (no. 199) of PCPlus and it does allow you to edit etc.

€dstow 13:25 07 Mar 03

I do a lot of transfers to pdf and have used Acrobat and Jaws.

Acrobat is more versatile but not sufficiently so to justify the huge price difference between it and Jaws.

Most of my machines now are loaded with Jaws V.3

€d

Pesala 13:26 07 Mar 03

Create PDF files from Word 97 click here for free program.

I use PDF Factory from click here

pdfFactory std £36 pdfFactory pro £69.50

I also use WordPerfect, which has an excellent export to PDF option, as does Corel Draw Essentials.

huzzar 16:27 07 Mar 03
  Bandy 17:34 07 Mar 03

I use click here and have found it excellent. It free and there's edit versions

Pesala 17:56 07 Mar 03

Only $9.95 to register to remove the advertising banner from your PDF files, and it supports hyperlinks in PDF files.

Scansoft doesn't create PDF files, it converts them back to Word documents.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…