word docs

holligan 21:04 11 Sep 03

what is the one to use for tranfarring from a doc to a website.when import it says path not right
whats the word 6. unicode text doc .text doc.rich text doc.what do they mean?

Ironman556 21:40 11 Sep 03

Do you want to save a word document as a website? Web pages are usually .htm or .html documents.

If you want to put a web page on the internet, you'll need to have some webspace, and an FTP program to get the document there.

If this doesn't answer your question, could you rephrase your post please?

Ironman556 21:44 11 Sep 03

document.txt (text): is a basic text document, nothing flashy

document.rtf (rich text): is a basic text document, but has extras, eg. colours (I think) and more formatting options.

document.doc: is a text document, but more advanced styles, fonts and formatting can be used.

holligan 21:46 11 Sep 03

from a word doc to my ftp program but it says
file path not valid.whitch of the 4 to use i dont know

Ironman556 22:00 11 Sep 03

What FTP program are you using?

Are you trying to transfer from the Desktop? I've found some programs don't recognise the Desktop as a folder if you select it from the Desktop icon (hope that makes sense). Direct it to: C:\WINDOWS\Desktop then find the file.

You'll also need to point the FTP program to the webspace by logging in using the program.

holligan 22:11 11 Sep 03

on the web ok. i just want to type in word then add to the program(web precinct)but it dosent
it was on desktop when i tried. In my docs i could not see it only my pics. DONT GET THE DIRECT IT BIT ? IAM NO expert

wee eddie 22:27 11 Sep 03

I take it you are trying to build your own Web Site.

If so, you are in the wrong Forum.

I think that you'd best read the instructions, if you are using your ISP's own Page Production Software.

pj123 23:01 11 Sep 03

I am sorry if this appears to be knocking you down but you don't appear to be taking much notice of the help and guidance you have been getting from members (including the Forum Editor) on the Webdesign forum. Nobody, including me, have any knowledge of this "web precinct" that you seem to be using. But to help you, if you type something up in Word you need to save it as a web page. Go to File, Save as webpage and save it there.

Ironman556 23:11 11 Sep 03

As wee eddie suggested you may do better with this in the webdesign forum (click the link at the top of this page).

When I said "direct" I mean use the open command on the program, then broswe to c:\wondows\desktop. If when you drop the "open" menu you see an "desktop" icon imidiately, ignore it and try finidng the file as above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…