Word-cant correct spelling

dagbladet 14:20 23 Aug 03

I'm reasonably happy with using the spill chocker but when my kids are using word I try to encourage them to correct their own spelling mistakes. However when I/they try to add a letter to a word, the following letter (or space) disappears. XP home, Works 7. any help please

Jester2K II 14:22 23 Aug 03

Do you mean WORD WORD becomes WORDXWORD?

Hit the Insert button above the arrows keys to switch Overtype off.

dagbladet 14:26 23 Aug 03

Blimey Jester that was quick. And may I add 100% succesful too, cheers

Jester2K II 14:28 23 Aug 03

Look at the bottom right of the screen in Word. As you tap the Insert key Word switches from Overwrite to Insert. You should see an OVR icon flash on and off with each press of the Insert key. When it shows the OVR icon Overwrite is on.

dagbladet 14:33 23 Aug 03

Oh yeah, excellent, thanks mate. I'm just getting used to this new keyboard that came with the unit. It's a Packard Bell, and looks slightly different to the old (normal) one I had, for instance there's no little light to show the Caps lock is on (nice touch PB) and there is no gap between the main keypad and the number pad so the delete and stuff are on the top row to the right of the F keys. Quite a good looking keyboard but just unusual.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…