A word about the auto-login function...

Forum Editor 17:43 01 Nov 05

We've tweaked the code on the site.

If you previously selected the 'remember me' option you will have a cookie on your computer (unless you've deleted it). The forum will now detect that cookie, and automatically set your user profile to 'auto login'. The site will then delete your cookie.

Now, your computer will remain logged in, so long as you simply close your browser when you've finished your forum session. If you manually log out of the forum using the 'Log out' link at the top left of this page (underneath the login box) you'll have to manually login next time, although you can then click on your username and select the auto-login option.

I hope that makes sense. If you're uncertain, say so here, and we'll run through it with you. I've posted the same thread in Speakers Corner.

kyprosman 17:52 01 Nov 05

Thanks for the info...My post earlier about havin to log in again! was about havin to re log in while I was already logged in. I thought maybe it was a new funtion of the new site. Hope I've explained Myself....Andy

sattman 17:54 01 Nov 05

That is a very much welcome tweak, it works well.

Hamish 17:55 01 Nov 05

The tweak has worked for me and I was auto logined even after a reboot. Very good

March Hare 18:00 01 Nov 05

Yes - it works!! Thanks FE.

Daibus 18:15 01 Nov 05

Yes the auto-login seems to work fine now - thanks FE.

Zaphod Beeblebro 19:20 01 Nov 05

works well thank you

Taff™ 09:23 02 Nov 05

Thanks again and bump

Chegs ® 09:30 02 Nov 05

Since VoG's post last weekend,your promise to look at the login feature asap was heeded,I ticked my autologin box and its worked flawlessly since.Thank You.

I note,the font has darkened slightly,makes it easier to read,another Thank You.

swanson2 12:40 02 Nov 05

Thanks for that - most useful.

smurfling 13:07 02 Nov 05

It works great, I thought it was me and my pc getting it wrong.....well done

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…