Word 97 opens existing document only 2nd attempt

wondervan 20:47 18 Nov 05

When I try to open an exisiting Word document by double clicking on the file I get the following error message:

"Cannot find the file - path\filename of the document inserted here - (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available."

When I then click ok on the message box and then double click the file again the document opens in Word normally. Any further documents then open normally, until I restart the computer. I then again have to make 2 attempts to open an existing word document. Same thing happens if I use the -open with MS Word command.

I have tried to delete the normal.dot template but that did not make a difference.

Its not a major problem but it is irritating and it bugs me that I don't know what the problem is.

Any suggestions?

Christoph

GaT7 21:40 18 Nov 05

If you have the original MS Office/Word CD you could try a repair.

In Office 2000 (which I'm using) the repair wizard can be accessed from [Any Office component] -> Help -> "Detect & Repair..". Open Word & see if you can access it from there. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…