Word 97

kentylad 21:01 31 Mar 05

I have been asked to produce a simple table as part of an interview using Word 97.

I am (usually) quite competent with MS Office, however I am being given a bare bones system with (As stated before) Word 97.

I have to create a table that has a thick outer border, say 2pt, and each of the cells within the table have a border of 1pt.

I cant seem to produce such a table in Word 2003, and with no Word 97 to hand; I was wandering if anyone can point me in the right direction using Word 2003

Kind regards

mattyc_92 21:08 31 Mar 05

If you want, I could try to create the table for you.... I just need to know, how many rows and columns you need

Paranoid Android 21:33 31 Mar 05

Create the table. Select it, then select borders and shading on the format toolbar.

Under the borders tab, click the box on the left for Custom. Then select the point size 1pt. Now click the inner borders (in the preview pane).

Next select point size 2.1/4pt then click on the each of the outer borders (in the preview pane).

Click OK.

mattyc_92 21:35 31 Mar 05

OK.... You seemed to have worded alot easier than I was going to Paranoid Android... lol

kentylad 21:41 31 Mar 05

Absolute leg-end

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:41 31 Mar 05

format menu- borders and shading set to 1pt

insert tables icon

select no.of rows and columns ok to insert table.

table should now be drawn at 1 pt.

format b&s again select 2 pt select all of table click icon showing square without cross in middle.

outer edge of table sould now become 2 pt

Taff36 21:42 31 Mar 05

In Word - Table>Insert>Choose Number of columns & Rows. The borders are down to Selecting the table (Click in any cell,Table>Select Table and then Format>Borders & Shading). Now select the NONE box - basically to wipe out any formatting at all. Then select your point size FIRST, then click on the graphic box where you want the borders.

Post back - I haven`t got 97 in front of me but read the thread title!

Taff36 21:46 31 Mar 05

But your internal borders will be the default which are Half Point. Post back! (Print it out & you`ll see what I mean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…